Lemon Tea with a Twist

So I recently moved to Sweden for my Masters! This probably explains my brief hiatus from blogging trying to settle down and get used to the place in general! Well I am back now!! Sweden is an amazing place, especially the people and their amazing ability to obey traffic rules! You will not believe it but the cars actually stop for pedestrians and wait patiently till you cross the road. No honking at all. 

Anyways, so Sweden is pretty cold and apparently will get even colder in the winter- "duh". With the long lectures and cold all the time, I am always in need of a beverage to keep me warm. Enter my flatmate - Nitish. One morning, half awake and groggy, still tired from the previous days lectures, I went to the kitchen to make my everyday morning "chai". Nitish was there laughing at my face sipping on something quite inviting. Upon asking him, he said it is lemon tea with something I wouldn't expect. 

He offered to make a cup for me too and I obliged to accept the offer. I took one sip and was instantly taken aback because there was a hint of GARLIC and ginger in it and trust me I too was shocked at first but it turned into something absolutely refreshing the very next moment. 

So here is Nitish's recipe for Lemon tea with a twist. Enjoy and do share the recipe with your friends! 

Peace!
___________



Ingredients (makes 2 cups)

- Water, 250 ml
- Tea leaves, 1/2 tsp for each cup *forgot to mention this earlier. My apologies.
- ginger, 1/4th inch finely chopped
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 2 cardamon pods, bruised to open them up
- 6-7 drops of LEMON juice per cup

How to make Garlic and Lemon Tea
  • To water at room temperature, add the above ingredients except the LEMON juice, and put over a flame to boil.
  • Once the water is boiling, add in the tea leaves and boil for a further minute
  • In each tea cup/glass, squeeze the LEMON and add sugar. Mix the two well to combine. 
  • Once the colour of the tea develops, strain it into each cup and mix well.
  • Enjoy the taste. 
  • Trust me, its really refreshing. 


 

Comments

  1. Sounds nice... just noticed that you forgot to add tea leaves in the ingredients list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *